Sunday, April 20, 2014
Posted by Lauren at 1:11 PM
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Posted by Lauren at 11:43 AM
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Posted by Lauren at 9:42 PM
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
I don't know about you, but even when I would go through my closet before I was pregnant, I never want to get rid of any clothes. I guess I'm emotionally attached to them...even though I don't wear most of them. But, my husband is a great help in that area, he isn't sentimental at all. :) So, here's some tips I've learned on how to weed out your closet.
1. Unless you have a HUGE walk-in closet, only hang up CURRENT season clothes. I'm a huge believer in putting away winter clothes when winter is over, and pulling out summer clothes! Yes, there will be some pieces that are year round, but you should be able to put away a good amount when the seasons change.
2. Color coordinate your closet. No explanation needed other than it's so much easier to "see" what you have to wear when you know exactly where it is hung up at.
3. Separate skirts/dresses/tops. I keep my dresses all on the left side, my skirts on my lower rack, and my tops on the upper rack, all separately color coordinated.
4. Weed through your clothes! Go through your closet every season and give away all the items you know are outdated, don't fit, or you just don't wear! It is so much easier to create new outfits when you actually wear ALL your clothes. Be honest with yourself in this area, if you haven't worn in for 3 months (not because it was too cold, but just because you didn't wear it) then TOSS IT! :)
5. Create new outfits. When you get a free day one day, go through your entire closet and try on a bunch of new options and create new mental outfits, that you can go back to and wear later on. You can also take a picture in the ones you really like so you don't forget about them!
Posted by Lauren at 8:51 AM
Sunday, March 30, 2014
Posted by Lauren at 1:44 PM
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Todays date: March 23, 2014
How many weeks pregnant are you?: 26 Weeks 3 days
How many days until your due date?: 95 days!
How big is baby?: As big as an eggplant. (9.2 inches, 2 lbs)
What milestones has your developing baby reached this week?: Eyes start to open
What are some of your pregnancy symptoms?: Heartburn, back & neck pain.
Any cravings?: Weirdly enough, I've craved side salads with ranch from steakhouses, baked potatoes, Sprite, and chips! :)
Food Aversions?: Not really, I'm not picky!
What was your best moment this week?: My husband took me on a "babymoon" to the beach and I woke up at 3 a.m. in the hotel room and just stared at him while he slept, praying for him and thanking God that he gave him to me to be the father of our son. It was a really special sentimental moment. :)
What are you looking forward to next week?: Being in the 3rd trimester!
What emotions have you been experiencing this week?: It's been a very emotional week for me, I was slightly depressed of how big I am getting, and knowing that I'm only going to get bigger in the next 14 weeks doesn't help to think about. Also, I am planning to have a natural, water birth, so sometimes I randomly get very insecure about whether I can "do it" or not.
Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?: Oh yes, I'm carrying very low, so I can't wear any of my regular skirts, but I can still wear most of my shirts.
Have any stretch marks?: Not yet, PRAISE God. Hopefully that stays that way! Cocoa butter, please don't fail me.
How much weight have you gained?: 16 lbs. I think...going to the midwife this week.
Has your belly button popped out?: No, and I really think that's gross! I will totally put a band aid over it, if it does!
Have you felt any kicks?: Oh yes, all day and night. My son is definitely going to be a soccer player like his daddy!
Know the gender yet?: He is 100% a boy! :)
Have you decided on a name?: Luke Daniel ♥
What has dad been up to this week?: He has been running lots, training for his upcoming 5K.
How has your sleep been?: Umm...not the greatest, I wake up a lot.
Any guesses when you will go into labor?: June 24!
Posted by Lauren at 1:26 PM
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Posted by Lauren at 10:17 AM