Todays date: March 23, 2014
How many weeks pregnant are you?: 26 Weeks 3 days
How many days until your due date?: 95 days!
How big is baby?: As big as an eggplant. (9.2 inches, 2 lbs)
What milestones has your developing baby reached this week?: Eyes start to open
What are some of your pregnancy symptoms?: Heartburn, back & neck pain.
Any cravings?: Weirdly enough, I've craved side salads with ranch from steakhouses, baked potatoes, Sprite, and chips! :)
Food Aversions?: Not really, I'm not picky!
What was your best moment this week?: My husband took me on a "babymoon" to the beach and I woke up at 3 a.m. in the hotel room and just stared at him while he slept, praying for him and thanking God that he gave him to me to be the father of our son. It was a really special sentimental moment. :)
What are you looking forward to next week?: Being in the 3rd trimester!
What emotions have you been experiencing this week?: It's been a very emotional week for me, I was slightly depressed of how big I am getting, and knowing that I'm only going to get bigger in the next 14 weeks doesn't help to think about. Also, I am planning to have a natural, water birth, so sometimes I randomly get very insecure about whether I can "do it" or not.
Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?: Oh yes, I'm carrying very low, so I can't wear any of my regular skirts, but I can still wear most of my shirts.
Have any stretch marks?: Not yet, PRAISE God. Hopefully that stays that way! Cocoa butter, please don't fail me.
How much weight have you gained?: 16 lbs. I think...going to the midwife this week.
Has your belly button popped out?: No, and I really think that's gross! I will totally put a band aid over it, if it does!
Have you felt any kicks?: Oh yes, all day and night. My son is definitely going to be a soccer player like his daddy!
Know the gender yet?: He is 100% a boy! :)
Have you decided on a name?: Luke Daniel ♥
What has dad been up to this week?: He has been running lots, training for his upcoming 5K.
How has your sleep been?: Umm...not the greatest, I wake up a lot.
Any guesses when you will go into labor?: June 24!
But this post is for the 20-somethings who were reached in a good Bible-believing church.
Don't slap the hand that fed you.
When I say that, I mean don't forget who helped you have the good life you have today. Of course God is the reason we have everything we have, but also don't get too big for the people who influenced you and invested in your life. You didn't get where you are by your own doing. Your parents, your Pastors, your Pastor's wives, your teachers, your deacons, all had a part in making you into YOU. No matter where you go in life, always remember that and stay thankful for the church that reached you and your family.
I am thankful that my church taught me how to…
1. Be saved. Obviously the most important decision any one can ever make is to know that they are on their way to Heaven. I am eternally grateful to my Pastor's wife, who shared the gospel with me as a 10 year old girl.
2. Walk with God. After I was saved, I was taught by my Youth Pastor how to have a personal relationship with God. I was given devotions, bible reading schedules, prayer lists, and so many tools that helped me learn how to talk to God on a daily basis.
3. Win Souls. When I was 15, my Youth Pastor's wife took me out door to door soul-winning with her, and taught me how to share the Gospel with people. I was so excited to learn how to help people know how to go to Heaven. When I went to Bible college, I was thankful I was taught how to win people to the Lord.
4. Surrender to God's Will. When I was in 10th grade, I felt like God wanted me to serve Him full time. I am so thankful I was taught how to surrender my own selfish dreams and follow God.
5. Influence Others. When I was a teenager, I caught the heart beat of my Pastor and Youth Pastor which was to change lives. I didn't want to just win people to the Lord, I wanted to learn how to disciple them to do the same, Go, Win, Baptize, and Teach.
6. Stay Pure. In the Youth Group, I heard so many sermons on purity. I am so thankful that I was taught that my body was meant to be saved for my husband and ONLY him. I never would have been able to walk down the aisle in a white dress if it wasn't for my church teaching me what the Bible says about purity.
7. Have a Heart for Missions. When I was 15 and 18, I got the opportunity to go on two missions trips. I went to Romania and Thailand. Those trips forever changed my life. I am still thankful for the experiences.
8. Have a Good Marriage. Growing up, I had many great examples of Godly marriages to learn from. I believe that is one reason why I have a phenomenal marriage now.
9. Tithe. When I received my first paycheck, I was excited to give my 10% back to God. I am thankful I was taught that tithing is not a terrible chore, but instead it's a chance for me to show God how much I love him and an opportunity to lay up treasures in Heaven.
10. Use My Talents for God's Glory. I am thankful my music director taught me how to use my talents of singing for the glory of God.