8.16.2015

Faint Not

 photo 120221_Galatians6_9_Lane.jpg


And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

This verse has been such an encouragement to me, so I thought I would share! Sometimes doing right is very hard and tiring. Following the Bible isn't always the easiest path. It's much easier to "go with the flow" and follow the crowd. But, I want to encourage you today to not get tired of doing what's right. Keep serving God, and you will reap the blessings!

This blog sometimes makes me VERY weary, due to the criticism and trolls that leave terrible, evil comments. But, it is worth it all when I get emails like this:

Lauren,


I've been following your blog for a while now. I love the modesty and how sweet your spirit is.

But one of the greatest things I've found from your blog and others is doubt. Doubt in my Mormon faith. This has been going on for three years. I was baptized at a youth camp when I was 9 but I had no true idea who Jesus was. Then I moved to Utah and found friendship in the Mormon church so again at 14 I was baptized.

But for some reason I couldn't understand why I felt so lonely and stressed out. I do understand that not all doubts and frustrations will be gone completely just because Christ is my Savior, because it is part of His plan. But I thought surely if I'm doing all the works and actions that are right I shouldn't feel so unsure of my salvation and like I have to prove something to God right?

Long story short, after much prayer, many tears, and friendship in the Christian community I accepted Christ, with true heart and sincerity today. I love Him so much and cannot imagine being happier than I am now.

I wanted to thank you for your example. It helped me see where I needed to look for the true Savior and Redeemer of my soul.

Love in Christ,

Brooke


This email is just a perfect reminder that if we continue to do right, and not quit, we will reap the blessings! Praise the Lord for this sweet testimony of Brooke!

I had a great first week of school, very exhausting, but successful! Pray for me, as I try to change the lives of these teenagers. Many come from very terrible home lives, so we are the only Jesus they see during the day.

Here's the week of outfits from the #modmodaugust2015 challenge

Day 10: Anchors Away
 photo IMG_20150810_180952.jpg

Day 11: Pinterest Perfection
 photo IMG_20150811_182755.jpg

Day 12: Fabulous Flats
 photo IMG_20150812_141820.jpg

Day 14: Poised in Polka Dots
 photo IMG_20150814_165302.jpg

Day 16: Comfortable in Your Own (Snake) Skin
 photo IMG_20150816_094952.jpg

Are you still on the fence about trying the 3D+ fiber lash mascara? I'm telling you, you will never use a mascara this good!!
 photo IMG_20150815_113750.jpg
post signature

8 comments :

  1. If your witness helped one soul to know our Lord and Savior in a personal way, it is all worth it!,
    Many Christians are literally giving their lives for their faith, we can stand strong and still love and forgive when we are persecuted! Keep running the race with the weapon of love. It never fails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful testiomony. Do you know if she has left the Mormon church and now attending a Christian church?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it doubt? I wonder if it is jealousy? Or confidence? Why do people think they need to show more to have self worth? In my work, (and I teach) your attire is something we strive for everyday. If it were turned the other way, a parent would be calling asking why we were being allowed to dress that way. Keep up the good work!!!! Loves your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren- I love your blog, your display of modesty & your testimony of Christ! I just wanted to mention that Mormons are Christians....it seems there may have been some confusion from the comments above. I'm a member of the "mormon" church which is actually the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints so the name quite
    literally reflects that we follow Jesus Christ & are Christians. I hope the young woman who wrote you continues w peace & happiness. We all deserve that! Take care & keep up the great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely letter and message! I also love your outfits by the way! Keep up the good work and shine your light daily!
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" I hope you can join again this coming Tuesday!
    Rachel xo
    Please stop by Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me link up here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up when I co-hosted "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me". I always enjoy your posts and outfits. I also wanted to let you know that I host a weekly linkup on Thursdays called "Top of the World Style" which is currently live at http://highlatitudestyle.com/2015/08/20/summer-outfit-in-fall/ I you can join. Have a nice weekend. Nicole

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you so much for taking time to look at my blog! XOXO