1.04.2015

Modest Workout Clothes

With the New Year here, I know many of you are trying to lose weight. My most read post ever was the "How I lost my Post-partum Weight" post. Every one I know is trying to lose weight! I get a tad frustrated with ladies who want to lose weight but don't want to workout or eat right. I promise you, it's NOT going to happen any other way. I've accepted the fact that my body shape and type HAS to workout, if I don't workout and eat right, I gain. It's the way MOST of our bodies work. (I hate you skinny girls that never have to run, and can eat donuts for every meal and never gain a pound!!! Just kidding..but not!)

But, anyways, a question I get almost weekly is what do I wear to do outdoor activities since I don't wear pants. Just because I'm working out, I don't lose all my personal standards. So, I figured I would show you what I wear when I workout!

My favorite workout skirt is the Women's Running Skirt with Leggings from Kosher Causal. (use link below) This skirt is super stretchy and can be used for any outdoor activity. They also have it in little girl sizes! This is a MUCH cuter option than culottes! It is chlorine resistant, so it can also be used for swimming. I personally don't swim in public (I have a pool at home), so I don't ever worry about what I wear, but this would be a great option. (People ask me that question all the time too)

Logo 234 x 60


 photo 316009057.jpg

Here is what I wear to workout in! (I had to show you a lunge so you could see it's possible to workout in a skirt and still stay modest! ;)

 photo workout1.jpg

 photo workout2.jpg

The Kosher Casual skirt is a little pricey, although, I do think it is worth it, but another option is to wear any jersey knit knee length skirt with some yoga leggings underneath! I have a couple jersey knit skirts from Old Navy, they are so comfy!

Happy getting fit! I still have 15 lbs. to be at my wedding weight!

Here is my outfit from today! I got this new houndstooth shirt from Catos for $9.99! I love it!

 photo workout3.jpg

Skirt: JCPenney || Shirt: Catos || Necklace: Forever 21 || Booties: Nine West

This was my New Year's Eve outfit. I was so stoked about wearing my new $9.99 burgundy heels from Catos!

 photo workout4.jpg

Skirt: JCPenney || Top: JCPenney || Necklace: Forever 21 || Heels: Catos

One of my New Year's Resolution is to read the Bible through this year. Last year, I did the devotion book Jesus Calling. Loved it, highly recommend it! What were some of your resolutions?

Happy New Year! God Bless





post signature

20 comments :

  1. I love the bright colors in your first outfit, and your New Year's outfit is absolutely stunning! Love the shoes! Love your workout outfit. I think I need to get something like this. I've been using loosish gouches when working out or walking in public, but they are not quite as modest as I would like, and I hate culottes! Great post!

    -Hannah
    http://blissfullyfeminine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I haven't tried split skirts, because, I need something that won't come up if I'm laying down and doing exercises. That's why I love this skirt with leggings attached!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the burgundy shoes! Only 9.99?! Can't beat that!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. These skirts are awesome! I'm glad someone thought to come up with something like that. I don't exercise, but if I did, I've always thought "What in the world would I wear?" A lot of people wear basketball shorts, which are baggy but are not ever long enough for me. I think I might would wear wind pants, even though I only wear skirts just because you don't have to worry about them being too short and they are usually plenty baggy. But I agree, we shouldn't compromise on our modesty standards for ANYTHING. I probably wouldn't worry too much about what I wore if I had my own personal home gym or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lauren, like you I plan to read through the Bible this year, using a reading plan. I'm so thankful you are reading the scriptures rather than Jesus Calling. That book actually has some big problems and as an older Christian lady I would not recommend it for anyone. here are some links so you can read about the problems with the book, not the least of which the author and publisher have taken out some of the entries from earlier versions of the book because of the push back from readers. Please take the time to read these:
    http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=16568
    http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=14529
    blessings
    jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the workout wear!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is gorgeous in your NYE post!

    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lauren! :) If you don't mind me asking, why don't you swin in public? I am not bashing or questioning your beliefs at all, I am just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just choose to usually lay out in a summer dress and let the kids swim. I swim with my family but never with other mixed company. Just my personal standard. :)

      Delete
  9. I love the second outfit- the top and red skirt are so cute together! I love the last outfit too- your hair is so pretty wavy!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this beautiful blog of fashion. Really very lovely outfits I like all the skirts and styles also. The skirts are amazing, fit perfectly. Beautiful skirts, exactly like the picture. For this types of stylist and fashionable dresses go for Dressspace. Keep posting like this. Eagerly waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make modest swimwear customized to your specifics on my website www.sewnbydi.com . It is something I've been doing for about 15 years. I also have customers who use just the swimskirt to exercise in. Come check it out! P.S. I am currently updating my site so am lacking very many pictures on the site, but would be glad to answer questions or email photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your outfits and your sweet personality. How did you get the waves in your hair in the second picture? I have a similar hairstyle and would love to know.

    Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!
    gym clothes

    ReplyDelete
  14. a few others before then. Step one of getting run ready for me is always about the clothes. Jayden

    ReplyDelete
  15. a few others before then. Step one of getting run ready for me is always about the clothes. Jayden

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is excellent information. I got some new idea. Thank you for your post.
    workout clothing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice share! Thanks a lot for such a lovely blog posting this time around as well.
    gym clothes

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you so much for taking time to look at my blog! XOXO