9.20.2013

Maxis & Monograms

Happy Friday! TGIF (Can you tell I'm a teacher?!) ;) Yesterday, when I was out looking for a nightstand for my bedroom at K-Mart, I moseyed my way over to the clothing section to see what was going on...
(I hadn't been in K-Mart in forever!) Luckily, they were having a huge sale, and I found the PERFECT fall maxi dress for $9! I'll be honest, I usually hate how maxi dresses/skirts look on me, and I almost didn't try this one on! But, I'm so glad I did, because it fits me great!

Many ladies have asked me if they could wear maxi dresses/skirts in the fall. The answer would be yes! Summery dresses can easily be made "fallish" by adding a cute jean jacket or cardigan over them. Especially, if you live in the South like me, and it's still in the 90's every day!

 photo maxi2-1.png

I paired my new maxi with a navy cardigan, brown belt, and my new gold "L" Monogram necklace! This was a perfect outfit to teach in all day!

 photo maxi5.png

 photo maxi.png

I love getting to work along side my husband Monday-Friday, and in the ministry on the weekends, there in no great joy than to serve the Lord along side your man! :)

 photo maxi6.png

Linking up with: LuLu's Love List
Style Elixir
MIX MATCH
post signature

11 comments :

  1. I want a maxi!!! Can you believe I don't own a single one....maxi dresses are so cute but me being 5' 2" most of them are super long.

    Iris♥
    Feminine Modesty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Seriously, what a steal on this too!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look. Love how you styled the maxi dress. Perfect for Fall.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deal... Cute dress!

    Jessica
    www.thewaytomyhart.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently had really good luck at K-Mart too! I hadn't been to one in ages, but happened to stop in for cat food...and came out with a blazer and a top.
    I love this maxi dress on you--perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress does look very fall appropriate! I've actually never tried on a maxi dress, I just have the feeling they would look funny on me....

    The Random Writings of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, i never would've thought this maxi was from kmart! great find and i love the monogram necklace you paired with it!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have great luck from KMart! A couple of summers ago I found 3 blazers on clearance for $1.00. They have held up really well. You look adorable! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful maxi - the colors are great. I'm so partial to navy :) Thank you for linking up to What I'm Loving Fridays. Hope to see you back this week!

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you get your Monogram necklace?? I love it

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you so much for taking time to look at my blog! XOXO