HUGE thanks to Lauren for allowing me to guest post today! Always grateful for her influence and the ministry of Modern Modesty!
I'm a big fan of Fall/Autumn! It doesn't get any better than leaves changing, pumpkin everything, cooler weather (depending where you live), and sweaters!! I've lived in Corpus Christi, TX for the last two years, so I'm really excited for the season!
First, I want to get REAL honest with you ladies. I'm not full of pumpkin flavored cheesecake ... I'm 29 weeks pregnant. According to pregnancy apps and my doctor I'm about to EXPLODE. I'm carrying WAY out front (which I'm grateful for) but I'm already flashing some belly with tops that aren't long enough! So I'm glad I was able to post early in the season! :) Here are a few things that I experienced while writing my article ... I'm sure all the moms out there can relate to most of these!
1. It took me 3 HOURS to change outfits and take pictures, and I had to take a couple breaks. Getting dressed while pregnant is hard work. Actually, EVERYTHING is a little harder with a 10 pound bowling ball hanging off your front!
2. I took cell phone pictures because each picture has to be taken at a very specific angle so as not to look like an elephant, or this lovely creature ...
3. After I took the leopard shoe picture I decided that I will spare you all any more vein-filled feet pictures. Those things get worse by the week!
4. Most of these clothes will probably not fit in the next two weeks. I'm glad I have photographic evidence that I own more than 2 outfits.
5. The burgundy/maroon skirt is not even zipped up all the way. (just keeping it real)
6. I heard that belts are a life-saver for your pregnancy wardrobe. All of mine are on the last hole, so I'm not sure who said that, but they lied!
7. The filter I used on these pictures was literally called "food". Which I'm all about these days ...
These points are obviously meant to be humorous, I will mention some real tips amongst the outfit pictures. Serious kudos to all you ladies that have been through pregnancy multiple times. Dressing up takes a lot more effort, but is so important! A little work can go a loooong way to make you feel better about yourself. We need all the help we can get!!
Ok, let's talk Fall Fashion ..