1. Women who don't feel good about themselves, usually have to tear someone else down to make themselves feel/look better.
2. They have been bullied or criticized, so they feel that someone else should feel the same pain. (Vicious bullying cycle)
3. Some women are mean just to get attention.
4. Most women are mean because they are jealous. (Think about the movie, Mean Girls!)
Do you have any other reasons you think women are mean to each other?....Comment and let me know!
So how do we stop this "mean girl" movement?
1. Don't participate in the gossip, or comment on the mean posts, or add fuel to the "fire." "He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips." Proverbs 20:19
2. Think about what you're going to say, before you say it. (Hard one to live!) "...whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things" Philippians 4:8
3. Compliment other ladies! See something nice, say something nice! "She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness." Proverbs 31:26
4. When someone says something mean to you or about you, just remember the above reasons and take it humbly with a smile. "He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30